Tuesday 18 October 2016

Bondy's notes from Maidenhead

Your motivation belongs to yourself. When a coach is motivating players that coach is just giving a little extra. Good players are already motivated. The coach is just an extra source of supportive motivation. If a coach has to motivate you fully the coach then becomes more than an extra source.

Its about yourself. You can not wait for people to motivate you or do the work for you. You have to find it in yourself. What ever it is. Do it. It belongs to you.

You analyse your performance in practice and on game day. Most importantly be honest with yourself. Don't be afraid to tell yourself “I gave it my best,” but some times you need to admit you could have done more. Find a way; seek advice on HOW WHY WHEN WHERE you could have given that extra. Don't wait for people to praise you or criticise you. Be The Best You Can. Say to yourself everyday: I am the best; I will work hard to be better than the best; I will become greater.

The right people around you will give you the little extra source of motivation. By choosing the right people you are already motivated and have taken responsibility.

As a coach I’m always analysing my performance – Did they learn? Are they better players leaving practice than when they arrived? Do they have a better understanding? I look at how, what, where and why I could develop. The better a coach I become, the better I can develop the players I coach.

I'm often asked ‘What motivates you as a coach?”. The answer is to be given the opportunity to develop young people to become better footballers, and in some cases better people. My desire to coach players and teach life skills is seen in the pride I take in each session. The biggest advice I can give is: love what you do, take pride in what you do. If you can do that you will become motivated. Could be a work of art, a project, homework. Take pride and enjoy doing it.

The Game: 
A perfect first-half performance but we must admit and learn that the second half was not good enough. On Friday we will work hard and put Sunday's second half behind us. I know one thing is for sure: the players will be determined to put things right. I am super excited for our next game at home, the place of the beautiful game,  a cup tie and with a point to prove I’m sure that we will be back at our best.

– Bondy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that comments will be moderated before publication.